Frequently Asked Questions
- Who decides if a trip is to be Canceled?
The Captain and Captain Lou Fleet are the only ones to cancel a trip.
- Where are you Located?
- Is there Parking?
Yes, We do have a parking lot located right across the street from our Office the Captain Lou Building. It is on the right-hand side of atomic wings, and a member of our crew will normally be at the parking lot directing traffic.
- How do i know if my trip has been canceled?
- How do I Purchase Tickets?
- Can I make a Phone Reservation?
- Do you offer a Group Discount?
Due to COVID-19, we have suspended our group discount.
- Can I Transfer or get a Refund for my tickets if a trip is not canceled by The Captain Lou Fleet and it is raining / windy?
No, we sail rain or shine. If the trip you have purchased a ticket for is still sailing, you can not get a refund or transfer for your tickets even if there is rain. You can choose not to go on the trip, but we will not give out any refunds unless the trip has been canceled by The Captain Lou Fleet directly
- Can I get a Refund?
We do not offer any refunds or transfers on these trips. Think of it as buying a ticket for a concert or sporting event. If you wish to re-sell your ticket you are free to do so. Please see our Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- I purchased a Gift Card can I get a Refund?
Gift Cards are non-refundable. Please visit our Terms and Conditions page for more information.
- How do I Cancel My Trip?
We do not refund any of our tickets. You may cancel by contacting us at (516) 623-5823 or by email email@example.com, but you will not receive a refund unless the trip has been canceled by The Captain Lou Fleet.
- What is the best way to Contact The Captain Lou Fleet?
- I went to Groupon and can not find any tickets?
We have currently suspended our use of Groupon.
- How old should my Child be to go on a Fishing trip?
We ask that children under one year of age should be brought with you on Fishing trips for safety reasons. We recommend that your child should be able to walk and talk before they go on their first Fishing trip.
- What do you consider a Child's Fare?
For trips with a Child's Fare option Children 12 years old and under are eligible for a Child's Fare.
- My child is over one year of age but still very young, do I need to buy a ticket for them?
Please Contact Us to assess the child's age and see if the purchase of a ticket is necessary.
- Can I bring my dog on the boat with me?
Unless you can show proper documentation that the dog is a licensed therapy or guide dog unfortunately we can not allow any animals on the boat for our trips. However, we do offer special Dog Cruises on our Nautical Mile Cruises site during the summer months.